The Laboratory for Physical Sciences (LPS) Qubit Collaboratory (LQC) is hosting a workshop on gaps in postsecondary quantum education and training. At this free, online workshop, speakers from academia, government, and the private sector will share what is being done to develop the quantum workforce at the undergraduate, graduate, and career levels. We will identify gaps and needs in educational and training activities in order to move toward a larger, broader, and more inclusive quantum workforce.
With a focus on educational and training gaps, topics include…
- Undergraduate majors and minors in quantum information science
- Quantum engineering degree programs
- Quantum computing liberal arts universities
- Quantum education and workforce development at NSF
- Skills gaps from industry perspectives
- And more
Workshop format will include expert keynote and presentations, panel discussion, and moderated discussion
Details and Registration
- Date of Event: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Time of Event: 9:00am – 4:00pm, EST
- Where: Online via Zoom
- Cost: FREE (Registration required here)
The schedule is available here.
Download the flyer here.
A recap of the Workshop is available here.
Many of the slides are available here.